Updated 2nd November 2021
Happy New Year to all my superheroes and their families ❤️. I hope that even in these strange times you managed to have a nice and safe Christmas.
As Occupational Therapy work is considered essential, Spring Therapy will re-open its doors as planned on Monday 4th January. I will continue to strictly adhere to COVID regulations.
I would ask that if there are any parents who have concerns/ symptoms whatsoever relating to COVID, that they continue to follow public health advice and restrict their movements. If parents or children would prefer to restrict their movements before school and would like to postpone their appointment, please let me know via email. Please note that the option to have a telehealth appointment (video call) still remains available as always and has proven to be a very popular service.
I look forward to seeing all of you in 2021 and I am excited to see the progress that we can make together in 2021.
Updated 20th October 2020
Occupational Therapy is classified as an essential service and therefore Spring Therapy will remain open throughout level 5.
Please adhere to the following guidelines that are in place to keep everyone safe;
Before the session
- If you feel sick, please stay at home and cancel the appointment. Please note that during this difficult time, if the child begins to have any symptoms associated with COVID19, the cancellation fee will not apply.
- Please check the hse.ie website for Covid-19 symptoms and contact the GP to seek advice on obtaining a test, if your child is showing any symptoms. If your child or a close contact of the child has tested positive, is awaiting a test or is in a period of isolation, the appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Telehealth is also an option that is available at this time. This involves a one to one session with the child over a Zoom call and has proven to be very popular and effective throughout this past 7 months. For more information, please do not hesitate to call or email me.
- If you need a letter for traveling between counties or outside the 5km radius, please email me and I will get this to you before you travel.
On the day of the session;
- Please wait in the car until I come to meet you. There is ample car spaces outside the doors of Spring Therapy.
- Parents and siblings that do not take part in the session are asked to wait in the car until the
session is over.
- The waiting room is temporarily closed.
- Everyone will be asked to use hand gel or wash their hands on arrival.
- Temperature checks will be taken prior to the session using a contactless infrared thermometer.
- I will be wearing a mask and face shield for the duration of the appointment indoors. If it is your first session, I will meet you outside with the face mask off while remaining socially distant.
- Parents are kindly asked to wear masks; children do not need to wear masks for the duration of the session.
Other COVID 19 measures taken
- Time between sessions has been increased to allow for vigorous cleaning of furniture and swings after every session.
- No equipment or games used in a session will be used with other children on the same day.
- Payment for sessions can be made by the usual methods, card/ cash or bank transfer.
- A new mask and visor shield will be used for each session.
Stay safe and take care of each other.