Hoping the 5th of May brings some good news for the re opening of Spring Therapy.
Creating a lot of new resources for when everyone is back. Thinking of all my children and families at this time. Look forward to seeing you all soon!
I will be starting online video therapy sessions (telehealth) next week. The system is very easy to use and may be beneficial for you if you need to talk through anything, need advice or if your child is able for a session through the video system.
The plan for the video calls is through my booking system I use in the clinic (cliniko). You will get a reminder text message as usual but this time it will have a link attached. Once the time comes for the appointment all you have to do is click on the link and it will open up the call on your phone. I will also send the reminder by email so you can click the link on your laptop/iPad. I have tested it this morning on loads of devices so whatever suits you best.
For your telehealth session to be successful you need the following;
- Good internet access.
- An iPad/tablet/laptop/ iPhone or desktop with a camera.
- Set up should be in a quiet space, with minimal distractions nearby.
- Have some activities or games your child likes engaging in.
- It might be an idea to have a pen and paper to write down ideas also.
The sessions will be structured as follows;
- Review of what equipment is available at home e.g. set up, space, sensory equipment, toys, board games, outdoor equipment. It might be an idea to have a list of these before we start the call.
- Discuss how the sessions will be structured going forward e.g. mum and child/ mum, dad and child, dad and child or just teenager etc.
- I will send on a follow up email highlighting ideas to try at home and resources applicable.
I will be reducing the cost of Skype sessions to €50 at this time and I can either put the cost of the session onto your account and it can be paid when you are next in the clinic or else I can send on bank transfer details.
There is a lot of research over the past couple of years into teleheath and I am trying to follow best practice guidelines around it. If you are interested in this service please email me with a time and day that would best suit you. I will try to give you the time or the closest time I can to your preference.
Alternatively I am on the other end of a phone if you would like to talk. I look forward to seeing you all as soon as possible, in person, when this all blows over. I will be in touch as soon as I can when rescheduling appointments and if you have regular appointments booked in you will continue to get the same day and time when we return.
Take care and look after eachother.